Figured I'd make this section here to explain something. The reason I undid that edit on the Sons of Horus part of the 30k tactics page was first and foremost because it was arguing against an earlier section, and arguments on the main page shouldn't be tolerated. I said that this was covered in the discussion page to try and get the user to go there, because I thought it was obvious that arguments on the main page shouldn't be tolerated. I'm perfectly fine with other people having different views, which is why I'd be fine with listing the argument on that page as an alternate view (and I would have done so myself if you hadn't just recently changed it to what it should be). I don't 'live in North Korea', I just try to look on the practical side of things, if one bit is correct and the other bit is wrong, then listing both creates nothing but problems. -- Triacom (talk) 03:12, 23 January 2017 (UTC)
Look, I'm sorry Mystery was so rude. That shit is unacceptable. I think you should know that I respect your intelligence even though I disagree with your rules interperetations. I'd also like to apologize for my own rudeness about your grammar.
- No offence taken, but I still appreciate the gesture. It's really inspiring to see a polite person in the Internet while many think anonymity frees from basic norms of social behavior, so thank you, dear sir or madam, please remain awesome) And yeah, I know, sometimes I argue over some rules obviously working unintended way, but it's my firm believe that such wording has to be pointed out both as RAW and RAI, so a reader would be ready to discuss such moments before the game, doubly so if the opponent is Rules Lawyer. In case of White Scars it's clear that Cover Saves from Swift Action should work (and they work only in Psychic/Shooting Phases), but RAW they do not due to "Movement phase and/or Assault phase", IMHO. --Flutist (talk) 21:46, 18 March 2017 (UTC)
- Well, thank you very much. After some reflection, I think you're right about the wording. Half the arguments on this wiki wouldn't happen if FW took the time to write their rules clearly.
Chaos Space Marines
Mentioned the new codex. Thought we hadn't heard anything about Obliterators so thanks for the undo of my changes. Have you got a pdf of the Chaos Space marine codex?
- https://youtu.be/W069dPLTXg0?t=947 No PDF yet, as far as I know. --Flutist (talk) 20:41, 7 August 2017 (UTC)
Linking to a forum as a reason for a rule not applying is utter rubbish.
I could link to ones arguing the other way. Show me in ANY book where it says they don't get both rules.
Red AoD rulebook states they get the rules for INFANTRY AND JUMP INFANTRY. RaW and RaI it is clear as day. You moron.
- Thinking that words of Alan Bligh, you know, the father of the whole system, is not enough is severe case of mental illness. Seriously, try to understand who is who in Heresy community. --Flutist (talk) 13:46, 10 January 2018 (UTC)
Anyone can say anyone said anything. Is it written down anywhere? I understand and respected Alan a hell of a lot. I won't enter into dialogue regarding him as neither of us knew his brilliant mind and the fantastic setting he enabled.
This is a discussion vs what is written down and what is hear say. I am not calling you a liar but linking to a forum's representation of a version of events is not valid or reliable. Reading the AoD rulebook and Legion red book is fact and reliable.
- You don't know who Garro (the OP) is then? Why he can be trusted? I understand you literally have just arrived in 30k, but here is a thing: FW can't do shit when it comes to editing, so the attitude of "RAW is supreme" is really stupid. If you check the history of the article, you'll realize it was me who wrote that Raven Guard Jump Infantry gets two bonuses, but the words of Bligh transmitted by Garro is enough to change RAW. --Flutist (talk) 16:12, 10 January 2018 (UTC)
Whose cereal did you piss in to get them vandalizing your page like that? --22.214.171.124 09:49, 13 May 2018 (UTC)