- 1 Angry Marines ASCII Art
- 2 MOAR
- 3 Note: Do Not Let Fall Into Wrong Hands
- 4 Why teh Spam?
- 5 Possible Useful Basis For Additional Edits
- 6 Moar Regarding POssible Angry Marines Tales
- 7 A Couple Of Notes To Self
Angry Marines ASCII Art
▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ ▒░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░░░░░░░▒░ ░░░░░░░░░░░▒▓████████▒▒░░░░░░░░░░ ▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░░░░░░░ ░▒▓▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▓▒ ▒█▒▒▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▓█▒▒▓▓ ▓█▒▒▓█▒▒█▓░▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓░░██▒▒█▓▒▒█ ▓█▓▒██░▒█▓░░░░▒▓▓▓▓░░░░▒██▒▒█▓▒▓█ ██▓▒██▒▒▒███▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓███▒▒▒██▒██ █▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▓▓██▓▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▒▓ ▓░▒▓████▓▒▓▒▒▓██████▓▒▓▓▓▓████▓▒░ ▒░▓█████▓▓▒░███▓██▓██▓░▒▓▓█████▒░ ▒░▓█████▓▓▒▒█▓█▓██▓█▓█░▒▓▓█████▓▒ ▓▒▒▓▓▓███▓▓▓█▓█▓██▓█▓█▓▓▓███▓▓▓▒▒ █▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓█▓██████▓█▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓ ██▓▓▓█▓▓▓████████████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█ █████████▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓████████ ███ᎪᏞᏔᎪᎩᏚ███████▓▓██████ᎪᏁᏀᎡᎩ█
░▒█░░░░░░░░▓██████████░░░░░░░░░█▒ ░▒█▓░░░░░▓▓███▓▓▓▒▓▓██▓▓░░░░░░▓█░ ░░▓█▓░░▓███▓▒░░░░░░░░▒▓███▓░░▓█▓░ ░░░░████▓▓▓▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▓▓▓████░░░ ░░░▒████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▒░░ ░░██▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓███░ ░▒█▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓▓▓█░ ▓██▓▓▓▓███████▓▓▓▓▓████████▓▓▓▓█▓ ██▓▓▓▓▓▓████████▓▓████████▓▓▓▓▓▓█ ██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█ ██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓█▓█▓██▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█ ███▓▓▓▓█▓▓█▒░░█░░░░█░░▒█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██ ░▒█▓▓▓▓█░░█░░░█░░░░█░░░█░░█▓▓▓▓█▒ ░░████░█░░█░░░█░░░░█░░░█░░█░████░ ░░░▓██░▓▒░█░░░█░░░░█░░░█░▒▓▒██▓░░ ░░░░░██░█▒▒█░░█░░░░█░░█▒▒█░██░░░░ ░░░░░░▒▓█▓░█▒░░█░▒█░░▒█░▓█▓░░░░░░ ░ᎢᎬᎷᎵᎬᎡᏤᏚ░█▓░█░▒█░▓█▒░ᎷᎪⅪᎷᏤᏚ░
I sometimes really fucking hate wiki-formatting...
Note: Do Not Let Fall Into Wrong Hands
Why teh Spam?
why so much spam lately, oh great wikifag? maybe you should say something?
- We already talk and talked about it repeatedly at Talk:Main_Page. Wikifag has made announcements before, over a year ago I think, and there *are* automatic spam-blocking measures already in place (captchas, certain usernames are illegal, certain phrases are illegal). Even if we blocked 99% of the spam, that still means seeing a dozen messages when there are bots making 12,000 attempts per week. --NotBrandX
who's doing the spamming?
- It's all bots, with lists of URLs to try, just like email spam; that's why some pages get hit far more frequently than others. The IP addresses doing the edits are usually home computers that have been trojan'd, and the bots just keep going even if they are blocked. The original spammers could be dead or in jail, their products no longer manufactured, and their spam servitors will continue. --NotBrandX 06:26, 6 May 2012 (BST)
Wow... That's really, REALLY evil. --MercWithMouth 06:47, 6 May 2012 (BST)
- Most of it is crap attempts at boosting pagerankings in search engines by putting links to the site everywhere on the web they can reach. As I've mentioned before, it's completely ineffective on most mediawiki installations because they're configured to tell Google etc. to ignore their links for ranking calculations precisely because wikis are publically editable and prone to this sort of spam; unfortunately, that doesn't stop the spammers from trying. Although frustrating at current levels it's manageable - the captcha system keeps the majority of attempts out, and we can manually remove the rest. --Wikifag 15:03, 7 May 2012 (BST)
Possible Useful Basis For Additional Edits
The last few months I've been working hard to remedy variouswork-related situations, managing them as was taught to me in my ETC course...but results have been middling at best. While a bit naive (I admit), my brainstill rails at the idea of "I've done everything right, why isn't it working?"- and that has led to its share of distraction and frustration.
Enter the Angry Marines.
"You know what i hate?
-- Two Angry Marines
The Angry Marines are a fictional Space Marine chapter fromWarhammer 40k, distilled from various forum posts of the infamous 4chan boards.While I am no great fan of that particular board and all its interesting...hobbies, I must say the Angry Marines strike a particular chord. Going farbeyond the extremes of the idea of the noble Space Marines, even the bestialnobility of the Space Wolves chapter, the Angry Marines embody the 'AlwaysAngry, All The Time'. They passionately hate everything that even vaguallydislikes the Emperor. Especially Eldar (coincidentally my favorite race),Pretty Marines (another fictional Chapter) and Furries.
Their instruments of war are correspondantly extreme, blunt,crude or all the three combined. Where Space Marines have Power Swords, AngryMarines have Power Bats, Power Folding Chairs and the Sack Full Of Power Doorknobs.Where Space Marines have honor badges and purity seals on their armor, AngryMarines have various phrases insulting their enemy. Where Space Marines firerockets, Angry Marines fire Power Fists. Where Space Marines generally equiptheir assault troops with jump packs, Angry Marines fire their Assault Squadsinto the enemy using missile launchers. Once, when a Greater Demon refused todie, the Angry Marines dropped their BattleBarge (10+ km of warship), the Litany of the Litany's Litany, on top of theDaemon. When that still proved insufficient, they dropped another Battle Barge,the aptly named Maximum Fuck. Guess what its prow is shaped like.
They uncompromisingly and utterly destroy any single thingthat opposses them in such a way that it will never, ever, EVER be a threatagain. Even the smallest slight, the faintest whimper of discontent invites acan of whoopass with a side-dish of disproportionate retribution.
And that is why I love them.
I identify with the Space Marines. In my professional life Ipride myself on caring devotion and duty to what I do. I like to have a taskand carry it out to the best of my ability. In the end, I wish only to serve myideals in the best way possible. They have noble names (Garviel, Ezikiel, Saul,Gaius), and their vessels are monuments to the might of the Imperium and theideals that they seek to embrace, with such names as the Eternal Crusader,Undying Faith, Hammer of Nocture and the Litany of Fury. Clear. Solid.Dependable. The best at what they do, even in a universe bereft of progress andhope.
( Yes, much of the above was used to flavor our Unity Squad.I never claimed it was original. We're still cooler then you. Deal, whiners. )
But there are frustrating days I identify with the AngryMarines, in many ways their polar opposite but still fighting for the Emperor("Emprah!"). With irreverent names for their gear and vessels(Angrinator, or the infamous Necrogoth Fuckshit) they simply do not care. Thereis a job to do, and they will do litterally anything to get it done. Duty, yes.But they do it in their own way. You'd better not stand between an Angry Marineand his goal. Also, they curiously enough love Blossom, which I like too. Don'task, its called a Guilty Pleasure for a reason.
Catharsis in a way. I am neither allowed to act in that way(personally or professionally) nor do I want to. Personally, I prefer to bereasonable, dutiful and kind. But there are days, and the erosion of respectand misconceptions that I have suffered lately have taken their toll. Theperiod will pass. But for now I will enjoy my guilty pleasure, and leave youwith some wisdom, and an overview of a day in the life of an Angry Marine,itself of course a reflection of a Space Marines' day
Always Angry. All The Time.
A day in the life of an Angry Marine.
0400 - Morning INSULTS - Led by the Company Chaplain theSpace Marines BETTER GET THEIR PUSSY ASSES IN ORDER BEFORE I STICK A POWER FOOTSO FAR UP SAID ANUS THEY WISH THEY WERE A SQUAT.
0500 - Morning Firing Rites - The Space Marines engage intarget practice with their personal and squad weaponry, awards and punishmentsare dispensed FOR BULLSHIT OR A LACK THEREOF AND IF ANY FUCKING SHIT FUCKER THINKSOTHERWISE TOMORROWS PRACTICE WILL BE A ROUSING GAME OF LICK THE CATACHANBARKING TOAD.
0700 - BattlePractice - BEAT THE LIVING HELL OUT OF SHIT WITH YOUR POWER BAT, OR, BARRINGTHAT, JUST BEAT THE LIVING HELL OUT OF SHIT WITH WHATEVER'S AVAILABLE. AND IFYOU'RE TOO PANTS ON HEAD RETARDED TO FIND SOMETHING TO HIT THEN YOU BETTERFUCKING START BEATING THE SHIT OUT OF THE GROUND BECAUSE LAST TIME I CHECKEDTHIS PLANET HASN'T CONFESSED ITS SINS AGAINST THE EMPEROR.
1200 - Midday Prayer - ANY ONE NOT TOO STUPID TO HITTHEMSELVES PRACTICES SCREAMING AT SHIT. EVERYONE ELSE CAN GO SUCK THEAPOTHECARIES DICK BECAUSE YOU DON'T NEED ANY MEDICINE FOR THAT TINY LITTLEBOLTER WOUND YOU FUCKTARD.
1300 - Midday Meal - Normally local wildlife killed duringthe morning activities. AND BELIEVE ME WE KILL A LOT OF FUCKING BUNNY RABBITSAND PEPPERS AND SHIT AND EAT ALL OF IT AND LEAVE NONE FOR YOU. BOO-HOO, BITCH.
1315 - Tactical Indoctrination - THIS USUALLY DOESN'T TAKETHIS LONG. I'LL JUST PUT UP A BIG PICTURE OF THE NEXT THING WE'RE GONNA SHOOTAND SAY "SHOOT THIS YOU FUCKERS" SERIOUSLY, WHO THE FUCK NEEDS ANHOUR AND FORTY FIVE MINUTES TO DO THAT. PUSSIES, THAT'S WHO.
1500 - Battle Practice - SEE ABOVE IF YOUR NOT WEARING ANECKBRACE YOU INCOMPETENT LITTLE NIPPLE LICKER. WE HIT MORE SHIT WITH LARGEROBJECTS.
2000 - Evening Prayer - I THINK YOU GET THE IDEA. I'M NOTGOING OVER THIS AGAIN. FUCK YOU.
2100 - Evening Meal - A feast (by normal human standards) isprovided by the Chapter serfs, and some Chapter Masters may allow alcohol to beconsumed. FUCK YEAH IT IS. WE'LL ORDER LIKE A THOUSAND PIZZA'S TO THE PRETTYMARINES HOME WORLD AND THEN WE'LL STICK IN THE DVD'S OF BLOSSOM OR 7TH HEAVENOR...REALLY HARDCORE PORN. FUCK YOU, LITTLE FAGGOT SHOW WATCHING SHOW WATCHERS.GO WRITE IN YOUR LIVE JOURNAL.
2130 - Night Firing Exercises - WE SPEND MORE TIME. HITTINGMORE THINGS. WITH LARGER OBJECTS.IN THE DARK, FUKKEN DUH.
2315 - Maintenance Rituals - FIX YOUR SHIT OR I'LL GRAB ATECH-PRIEST AND MAKE HIM FIX YOUR SHIT. ONE OF THOSE CLAUSES IS LITERAL.
2345 - Free Time - Space Marines are permitted this time toreflect upon their duty to The Emperor, however many Chapter Masters regardfree time as a frivolous waste, and a dangerous distraction in the extreme.EXCEPT WATCHING BLOSSOM. FUCK YOU.
0000 - Rest Period - BUT YOU BETTER NOT SPEND FOUR WHOLEHOURS SLEEPING. IF YOU DO YOU ARE NOT ANGRY ENOUGH AND TOMORROW YOU GET THEFIRST CHANCE TO PLAY PIN THE TAU ON THE CARNIFEX.
Thought for the Day: Ruthlessness is the kindness of the wise.
( Wow, maximum amount of profanity in a post, evah! Editordid not like that... )
Possible GamesWorshop Novel for One Day
Possible Angry Marines tales
- Devotee of... Chaos?
- chronicles the adventures of an ANGRY MARINES squad sent in to bring in or eliminate an ANGRY MARINE that went MIA and then was later found out to have gone rogue (like in APOCALPYSE NOW). However, the rogue Angry Marine hasn't actually become 'beholden to Chaos.' Rather, as it turns out, the intel was wrong. The rogue Angry Marine became 'beholden to Bauhaus'. Ergo, as a result of himself being angry for so long, he's become a very emo person -- as the dispatched Angry Marine squad will be surprised to find out!
- Angry Marine story where an Angry Marine was taken hostage, but manages to free himself using an ELECTRIFIED FOLDING CHAIR as an improvised weapon
Moar Regarding POssible Angry Marines Tales
NEW ANGRY MARINES ORIGIN STORY: -Was founded in the 35th millennium during the time of the fourteenth founding. (this is probably fine. mind you, the 21st founding is the cursed founding of the LAMENTERS marines) -No primarch per se; rather, there is a Matrarch (or... "Gynarch?") named "SAINT THUNDERCUNT" who started up the Angry Marines. →SAINT THUNDERCUNT is like a mix of a red-haired,amazon,mohawk,dyke-that commits DEATH BY SNU-SNU in Futurama (particularly in terms of looks) (so, she sorta looks like "Kug"), and "Mom" from Futurama (particularly in terms of profanity and personality) -story begins on the backwater colony of "Knottingdamn" -SAINT THUNDERCUNT, who was the appointed Imperial Abbottess and thefore the top leader of the colony, was becoming increasingly pissed-off with how the Dark Eldar would carry out scheduled plundering-raids and burn down the village, Sherriff of Nottingham-style -she was especially pissed-off with how the peasentry seemed too dumb and unassertive to mount any sort of meaningful defense (much like the peasents in ROBIN HOOD: MEN IN TIGHTS opening scenes)
-Farnsworth "adeptus Mechanicus" was "assigned" (read: EXILED) to the colony after one of his mad science experiments that resulted in all the hive-rodents growing wings and being able to breath fire (but which helped the economy by drawing in game-hunters from red planets); smell-o-meter (translate to "cog-ni-something" like a Warhammer 40k is supposed to be) inadverntely caused Plague MArines to be drawn to the hive world (but instead of destroying the place, they were so amazed by the devices, that they declared the planet to be under their protection, and even took a communal, ritual shower to seal their covenant-- in full view of the public); and finally, was prone to being a nudist and one day was spotted by iniaates of the adeptus sororitas (or from the Schola Progenium) who instantly went blind (but, who, as the result of the trauma, turned into psykers and were repurposed as high-in-demand astropaths) →let's call him... "Wernsworth". -his bunglings/successes resulted in him being exil-- "reassigned" as the Adeptus Mechanicus Magos on Knottingdamn -- instead of summary execution by the Inquistion
-slurm plus mix of 20-gene seed essences
A Couple Of Notes To Self
- At some point, might want to post The Age of Dusk (which is in its proto-format over at User:MercWithMouth/The_Age_Of_Dusk ) to 1d4chan.org as a full-fledged story-article
- Also, at some point, might want to compare the formatting in the Age of Dusk story and the The Shape of the Nightmare to Come 50k because the formatting for Age of Dusk story seems to be more friendly for editing than that of The Shape of the Nightmare to Come 50k
- Incidentally, the second part of the Age of Dusk is posted to: http://thebolthole.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=231