Warcry/Tactics/Maggotkin of Nurgle Rotbringers
- 1 Faction Overview
- 2 Abilities Overview
- 3 Fighter's Overview
- 4 Minions, Thralls, and Allies
- 5 General Tactics
- 6 Other Helpful Tips
- 7 Example Builds
Rotbringers at the moment appear to be a low tier Warband. they focused on slowness and outlasting to the long game (not good traits in short games based on speed, unless you get staying alive misions).
- Above average toughness: Have 25 wounds (more forgiving with lucky rolls and crits), and all Toughness 4. They do need to use [Triple] Blighted Icon to get up to T5, but for their price, you can take more than Stormcast and they will still take a beating before they go down.
- Slow: move 3" and have to spend dice to be average.
- Huddle around the buff: A lot of their abilities rely on huddling fighters around specific Runemarks to get a specific buff. This results in 40mm models having to stay within 6" of each other which hampers movement in a terrain heavy game like warcry. This is also a problem in list building as you also have to account for also for the Warband separating into 3 groups.
- [Double] Virulent Discharge: Pick a visible enemy fighter within 1" of this fighter and roll a number of dice equal to the value of this ability. For each 4+, allocate 1 damage point to that fighter. (all)
- Fighter Commentary - bonus damage, your more likely spend it on other abilities like [Double] rush, [Double] Toll the Sonorous Tocsin, or [Double] Onslaught. Situatalny ok if you spend a 5 or 6 against a T5+ fighter or made a double move this turn
- [Double] Venomous Sting: Pick a visible enemy fighter within 1" of this fighter and roll a dice. on a 2+, until the end of the turn, that fighter can't make a move action or disengage action. (Pusgoyle Blightlord)
- Fighter Commentary even if you weren't a slow faction, the ability to lock down an enemy in CC in valued, you can lose many scenarios just because your opponent is playing keep away.
- [Double] Toll the Sonorous Tocsin: Until the end of the battle round, add 1 to the movement characteristic of friendly fighters while they are within 6" of this fighter. (Putrid Blightking with Sonorous Tocsin)
- Fighter Commentary Let Rotbringers actually move. Has a problem that the Sonorous Tocsin dose needs to barely move so other fighters can benefit from at least a 7" move, mabey 8" if you happen to start in an inconvenient sweet spot. works out better for a Pusgoyle Blightlord as with [Double] Rush will net a 15" move with fly (if you want to stun an enemy, you have to settle with 13", as you can't us 2 abilities during a fighter's activation).
- [Triple] Blighted Icon: Until the end of the battle round, add 1 to the toughness characteristic of friendly fighters while they are within 6" of this fighter. (Putrid Blightking Icon Bearer)
- Fighter Commentary bumps you to T5, helping your Fatman pack's durability when engaging with an enemy with S4 and 5 attacks.
- [Triple] Grandfather's Blessing: Until the end of the battle, round add 1 to the strength characteristic of attack actions that have a range characteristic of 3 or less made by friendly fighters while they are within 6" of this fighter. (Leader)
- Fighter Commentary Your win conditions are boosting your Rotbringers speed to be in melee range or outlast the enemy. when fighting T4 and 5 enemies, the boost to hit is needed.
- [Quad] Unnatural Regeneration: A Fighter cannot use this ability if they are within 1" of any enemy fighters. Remove a number of damage points allocated to this fighter equal to double the value of this ability. (All)
- Fighter Commentary - a powered up [Triple] Respite, one more dice for double the healing. It can be crucial in keeping fighters alive by undoing the enemy's progress, but that can be quickly redone in a battle round. this ability is also competing with [Quad] Rampage which helps with speed and damage output. If your going to loos a game if the enemy needs to only deals 8 -12 damage, then tuning matching 4, 5, or 6s into a Quad for this ability is excusable.
- Stats: Movement 3"; Toughness 4; Wounds 30; 190 Pts.
- Runemarks: Leader
- Sword-Range 1"; Attacks 4; Strength 4; Damage 2/5
- Fighter Commentary - your mandatory Leader pick. 10 more wounds, +1 attack and crit damage over normal. Ok but still slow like rest of warband. Fighters nearh him can also benefit from his [Triple] Grandfather's Blessing in case they fight T4 and 5 enemies.
Putrid Blightking with Blight Axe
- Stats: Movement 3"; Toughness 4; Wounds 25; 135 Pts.
- Sword-Range 1"; Attacks 3; Strength 4; Damage 2/4
- Fighter Commentary - your cheapest unit. Has strong attacks and hard to take down, but they are slow. You might skimp on them because the other fighters have abilities to make the Warband playable and may need them in each battle group.
Putrid Blightking with Sonorous Tocsin
- Stats: Movement 3"; Toughness 4; Wounds 25; 145 Pts.
- Runemarks: Elite
- Reach-Range 2"; Attacks 4; Strength 4; Damage 1/4
- Fighter Commentary - In charge of not making your Blightkings slow [Double] Toll the Sonorous Tocsin. He also has a 2" reach weapon(which barely reaches over your compatriots' 40mm bases, so you can still safely participate in team fights) and deals +1 attack at the trade of -1 regular damage.
Putrid Blightking Icon Bearer
- Stats: Movement 3"; Toughness 4; Wounds 25; 140 Pts.
- Runemarks: Icon Bearer
- Sword-Range 1"; Attacks 3; Strength 4; Damage 2/4
- Fighter Commentary - 5 more points then Blight Axe but can use [Triple] Blighted Icon to boost his groups Toughness to 5. After Sonorous Tocsins you take Icon Bearers before considering Blight Axes
- Stats: Movement 6"; Toughness 4; Wounds 40; 245 Pts.
- Runemarks: Fly, Destroyer
- Scyth-Range 2"; Attacks 4; Strength 4; Damage 2/5
- Fighter Commentary -
Minions, Thralls, and Allies
Other Helpful Tips
-Pusgoyle Blightlord x1
-Putrid Blightking with Blight Axe x1
-Putrid Blightking with Sonorous Tocsin x2
-Putrid Blightking Icon Bearer x1
|Grand Alliance: Chaos|
|Grand Alliance: Death|
|Grand Alliance: Destruction|
|Grand Alliance: Order|
|Monsters & Mercenaries|